cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 6000

Paul Kennedy_3
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 6000

Recently purchased an old Proliant 6000 with 2 pentium Pro processors, dual power supplies, 1Gb RAM. This item has a management display, which activates. The system will not power on. All panel sensors are fine and closed, but it will not initialise drives, POST or anything. Any ideas plus power cable correct layouts to all 3 boards would be helpful. Not sure if anything is missing.

Many thanks
Paul.
To err is human - to really f**k things up requires a computer!
2 REPLIES
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 6000

Hi Paul;

Email me at janine.bertolo@hp.com if you'd like the Maintenance and Service Guides for the server. They're too large to attach here.

The symptoms you describe indicate something either not seated properly or a faulty component.

Removing all peripherals, pci cards, power to cd-rom, floppy, hard drive cage, bringing the server down to base memory and one processor will help in troubleshooting.

If the server boots at this base config, add components back one at a time until you find the culprit.

If not, you'll have to reseat and alternatively replace main system components in order to get the server functioning again.

Hope that helps,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
jason_396
Advisor

Re: Proliant 6000

i'm not sure if its too late . but could you send me some of those guids too ? i need all the help i can get with my Proliant 6000 .