cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 6400r won't power up

DRCreecy
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 6400r won't power up

I just got a used 6400r that I am trying to put into my network. When I pushed the power button it paused for a few second then came on. The unit ran just long enough to load smart start, then the fans slowed and the unit just shut off. All of the lights on the power supplies show green and everything looks normal. A friend of mine suggested I clean the contacts for the drive bays which I did and the unit came right back on. I loaded an OS and shut the unit down for the night, now it won't power on again. Any ideas???
2 REPLIES
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 6400r won't power up

Try reseating all the internals, cpu, memory, PCI cards. Then the power supplies. other than that, it is most probably a power supply issue then
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Frank_180
Occasional Advisor

Re: Proliant 6400r won't power up

For me it was the power switch. After replacing a failed fan. I tried powering on but the power would not "stay on". After opening the case and confirming that there were no red lights from the fans or beep codes, I realized that the power switch (P/N 0SP03701) was not catching and staying in the "ON" or depressed state.

I was able to slowly press the power button in and release it slowly so I heard a click and the power stayed on.

Simple. I know.