1753300 Members
7309 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 7000 No Power

Caleb_3
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 7000 No Power

I have acquired a proliant 7000 PII400, However it doesn't seem to have any power, I have tried reseating everything and have pulled every component that is not needed to power on. It has three power supplies, which the lights are all green when power is connected. However the actual box itself does nothing, no lights, no fans, simply nothing. One question I have, it does have a connection for an external fan for redundancy, I don't have this, maybe is this why I am having problems or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks Much!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Rodrigo_30
Advisor

Hi Caleb,

The external fan is not necessary, maybe the problem are on the "Interlock Switch". This parts prevents the server to power on if the top cover or side panels are not properly placed.
Caleb_3
Occasional Contributor

Could you tell me where that switch would be located, or is there more than one switch i should be looking for?
Ron_161
Advisor

On a 7000 the covers have latches/hooks that engage the interlocks. Look on the chasis where the covers attatch. I have also exerienced a case where the memory was not seated well and that casued the system to not boot. Usually if memory is a problem you will hear a series of beeps, but not in this case.