ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752785 Members
6077 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 7000 POST issue

Josh Olsen

Proliant 7000 POST issue

I have a Proliant 7000 with 4 PIII Xeon 500s and roughly 7.6gb RAM. After a small power outage, I can get no response from the machine. With power plugged in, the LCD displays only the LCD firmware version and I cannot interact at all. Upon powering on the machine, the fans spin up, but there are no beep codes, video output, the LCD does not change and cannot interact, and no activity on the hard drives.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
kamal_9
Super Advisor

Hi
you can try refixing all the connections and try clearing the CMOS. Jumpers will be there for clearing the cmos.In the manual it will be specfied . are call hp support if the server is under waranty
Josh Olsen

Yes, I am afraid I have tried all of that already. I have even tried the "disaster mode" that the documentation mentions as a way to flash the bios after it has been damaged, just to see if I can get a response out of the thing, not a single beep code or error message as such. I am just trying to diagnose things while I have a variety of spare parts on the way. Thanks for your help.
kamal_9
Super Advisor

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Josh,

Check the intelock led's to help identify the problem. The top cover or side cover has a diagram for their location and status when a fault is present. Also check the voltage indicator leds for correct voltages.
I have attached the simplified troubleshooting guide which details the correct power-on sequence.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Josh,
May I ask why were you trying to flash the BIOS?? When the system goes down because of a HW malfunction then it does not mean that the BIOS is corrupted. The best way to diagnose your system problem would be to bring the system to minimum configuration. If it does show sign of life then you start adding the rest of the components. It could be the backplane board which might have gone out or could be a failed CPU or RAM stick. Even the PPM would cause it not to show any signs of life either. Start by bringing it to basic configuration and see how can you eliminate the obvious.

Regards,