ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748156 Members
4041 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 7000 Serial Number

William Cochran

Proliant 7000 Serial Number

I am working with my CDW Sales Rep to try and get a replacement 36.4GB Wide-Ultra SCSI Drive for one of our Proliant 7000. He is having a hard time finding the part number to even see if they are still available. He has asked me to locate the systems Serial Number, so I looked on the back of the server where I located a label stating the main label can be found by removing the right cover. I found the main label but could not locate the SN.

Any suggestion?
2 REPLIES 2
Attila Szab├│
Frequent Advisor

Dear William,

The serial number is 12 character long, and most of the time it near a bar code at the back of the server(with so thiny chars). As i know, all of Proliant 7000 has a front panel display, yo can find the sn in the menu on that display.
Another way is: If you use windows on the server, and any old version installed of the compaq system tools, then go to the following file: c:\compaq\survey\survey.txt, and search for "serial", you will find the s/n easily (if you have survey utility installed). There is a new vesion of survey utility, which create survey.xml, not .txt, just search for that also on harddrive.
It can be easier, if you try to find the part number of the HDD. As i remember, there was two version of Proliant 7000 (PII Xeon, PIII Xeon), but as I remember, both use the old version of HDDs (white/red front plastic). This version of disks can be ordered only as service parts, so you need to find the spare number of that. Just turn off the server, take out the bad disk, look at the bottom of the disk, and try to find a stick with "replace with compaq spare: xxxxxx-001". thats number, what you need :).
i hope thats enought :)
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor