cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 7000 processor board amber led

bighomer
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 7000 processor board amber led

Help!! I am at wits end. I have a 7000 proliant Plll Xeon with quad cpu's installed.
On the processor board I have got four amber led's lit they are in beetween the memory boards to the left at the back, Well they would be at the back looking in (Stupid) (cr19 cr20 cr21 cr22) I would like to know what they are for as my system will not boot into post at all.
I have tried to reset with the dip switches in the top and setting them to boot from a floppy but to no avail.
Any help would be most welcome.
Thanks in anticipation
bighomer
6 REPLIES
srinath raju
Advisor

Re: Proliant 7000 processor board amber led

Hi,
I would like to know if there has been any recent hardware updates to the server.

Regards

Srinath
bighomer
Occasional Visitor

I was putting some new memory in when it occured.
But have gone back to the old memory that i know was working. Other than that No.
srinath raju
Advisor

Hi,
I would like to know the type of memory that was there in the server and its capacity and the memory you added.

The 4 DIMMs required per bank on the server's two Memory Boards MAY be installed in any socket location. Memory must be installed in banks of matching speed and type memory.

Memory DIMMs in each bank must be the same type and size.

With two Memory Boards configured and for performance reasons, at least 2.0GB of memory; 2 banks, ( 2 x [4 x 256MB]) must be installed. However, the server will operate with a Memory Board without any DIMMs configured on it.

Compaq highly recommends that only Compaq certified memory DIMMs meeting specific requirements be installed in the ProLiant 7000. As with other ProLiant servers, Compaq will not support non-Compaq memory in the ProLiant 7000.

The 4 DIMMs required per bank on the server's two Memory Boards MAY be installed in any socket location. Memory must be installed in banks of matching speed and type memory.

Memory DIMMs in each bank must be the same type and size.

With two Memory Boards configured and for performance reasons, at least 2.0GB of memory; 2 banks, ( 2 x [4 x 256MB]) must be installed. However, the server will operate with a Memory Board without any DIMMs configured on it.

Regards

Srinath
bighomer
Occasional Visitor

Hi, srinath raju

The origanal memory was and is four sticks of 228469-001 64mg I tried to add to that two sticks of 110959-041 2X 512mg but I feel I might of blown a memory board. I am concerned about the four led's on the main board, My eyesight is not fantastic but I think they are cr19 ,cr20, cr21, cr22, I can not find any referance to these interlock lights. I have also tried to boot with the dip switches set to disaster mode and still nothing.
When I turn the server on all the drives flash and the fans are running and that is as far as it goes. I have tried to boot with no memory and I have also reduced processors vrms etc I have had a good go before posting on the forum. I have ordered a second user memory board to test if that could be a problem but hey who knows.
Thanks
David
srinath raju
Advisor

Hi,
Have u updated your system with the latest firmwares and drivers. If not please do that. Also keep in mind that u use only the recommended memories as specified in the details i have sent u earlier. Also please check the Processor power module if in case you had disassembled the system?

Regards

Srinath
bighomer
Occasional Visitor

Hi,
I have not made myself understood,or explained correctly
The server does not go to post so I can not update anything.
I have tried to alter dip switches to boot floppy for disaster but it does not even do that. It is a dead duck.
Thanks
David