ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751980 Members
4852 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800 DIP Switch Settings

Josh Mills

Proliant 800 DIP Switch Settings

I am looking for any documentation for the Proliant 800 that I'm currently tring to setup. I checked documentation on the site, but can find nothing that pertains to my specifc system board. It's the Dual slot PII model WITHOUT a removable processor 'cage.' With an onboard Ultra3 SCSI controller. Really I just need to find the proper DIP switch settings, but all manuals and product information on the site show only other models. The part number for the board is 320978-001... after nearly 4 hours of searching I am at my wits end, and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer...
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 800 DIP Switch Settings

Hello Josh,
I would need the Serial No of your Server to be sure to give you the right settings. In the meantime, I am posting the Switch settings for a PII 350Mhz model:
PII 350MHz System I/O Board Configuration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switch Function ON OFF
1 Disable On-Board On-board video is video disabled. Default
2 Lock configuration You cannot change information configuration information. Default
3 Tower-to-Rack Converts the unit to a rack Conversion Configuration. Default
4 Disable Diskette System booting from the Boot diskette drive is disabled. Default
5 Disable Password Clears passwords. Default
6 Clear NVRAM Clears Non Volatile Random Access Memory Configuration Default
NOTE: Switch 6 does not actually clear NVRAM. Instead, it clears the checksum for NVRAM which causes it's contents to become invalid. When the server is booted with an invalid NVRAM, a POST error is generated and a message on the console will indicate that the System Configuration Utility must be run. This 6-position Switch Pack is located in the corner of the System I/O Board nearest the PCI slots. It is the only switch pack on the the System I/O board

Regards,
Josh Mills

The switch settings you gave me are correct for SW2, those were consistent with docmentation for other system boards in the 800 as well... what i'm looking for are the settings for SW1 which controls bus speed to the processors. The documentation for the 800's that i have read shows four switches on the SW1 riser, but my board has 6 on it. I don't currently have access to the serial number, as the server is at home currently, but if this is not enough information, I can get the number this evening when I get home.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Josh,
Here are the settings:

BUS/CORE FREQUENCY RATIO:

SW1 SW2
1 2 3 4

100/350 ON ON OFF OFF OFF

100/400 ON OFF ON ON OFF

100/450 ON OFF OFF ON OFF

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Josh Mills

Thanks, the help is very much appreciated. I did end up finding the settings for my board in one of the documents on the site...don't know how I missed it the first time.. and of course the settings mirrored exactly what you replied with. Once again, thank you very much for the help.