Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant 800: Default System Configuration Installed

proliant800
Occasional Visitor

Proliant 800: Default System Configuration Installed

Hi,

I have a Proliant 800 Server and few moths ago i got a problem when turning it on.
The problem is that when it starts booting i get the message: "Default System Configuration Installed" and i get a list of operating systems to choose to be able to start.
Due to this and when i start my operating system i find that the Date on the machine is 1999 and the Time is also changed so i have to correct them everytime i restart the server.

Any help in solving this problem will be appreciated.

Proliant800
3 REPLIES
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 800: Default System Configuration Installed

Hi,

sounds like your CMOS battery is dead. You will probably need a new one. Have a look at this thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=469708
This thread mentions the ProLiant 2500, but the PL800 has the same spare part number.

Regards,
Stephen
proliant800
Occasional Visitor

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your reply but before i try to find this spare part which will cost me time and effort, is there anything else that might cause of this problem?

regards
Proliant800
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the server seems to be losing it configuration data in NVRAM when it's power cycled. You could make sure that the switch to clear NVRAM is not set. On the systemboard, find switch block SW1, and make sure switch 6 is set to OFF. Also, you could go into system configuration utility (SCU) and check/save your settings.
Get into SCU by pressing F10 when promted after POST, or create the disks from the following download:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

If that doesn't help, then you'll probably need that new battery.

Regards,
Stephen