108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800- Deleted Sys partition

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tudor Moore
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 800- Deleted Sys partition

The Hdd' of my server have been formatted-inc sys partition. I cannot boot either from Cd or Floppy in order to use Smart Start to get it running again.
Have made sys config boot disks etc and no go. Do you have any ideas pl?
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 800- Deleted Sys partition

Hello Tudor,
You might need to clear NVRAM.
If it is not possible to clear NVRAM from Advanced System Configuration (i.e. the server will not boot) there is a switch that will invalidate nonvolatile memory by erasing the checksum in nonvolatile memory.
Switch 7 located in switchbank 1 and identified as the Maintenance switch on the side panel label.
If the switch method is used to invalidate nonvolatile memory it is recommended that you then run the System Configuration in the Advanced Mode, View or edit details, and then choose Erase Nonvolatile Memory under Advanced Options. This will turn the contents of nonvolatile memory to all zeroes and thus leave the nonvolatile memory in a known state.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Tudor,
I missed one step earlier. Once you clear NVRAM via Swith then you need to run System configuration Utility from the diskettes you have already created. Then re clear NVRAM via System Configuration Utility as well.

Regards,
Tudor Moore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sunil,
Thanks. I have tried this(switch 6 on my box) but after going thru POST and RAID Setup I still get the F1/F10 Prompt. F10 being partition utils which isn't there. If I go thru the F1-continue, then I get Default Sys Config Install-Run System Conf to View/Mod Settings then a list of O/S's. It did acknowledge that Maintenance mode is on but apart from that still won't boot from Floppy. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thanks
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Tudor,
Just a thought. Is the Floppy drive functional??

Regards,
Tudor Moore
Occasional Contributor

Doh-Swapped Floppy drive-boots ok. Thanks Dude.