1753465 Members
4677 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800 Not keeping time

oshan
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 800 Not keeping time

I replaced the CMOS battery with a 4.5 volt rayovac type battery, and changed the jumper settings per the instructions. However whenever I shut the unit down it looses time.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions for this?
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 800 Not keeping time

Hi,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with the Proliant 800 and other Pentium II models. To fix it properly you need a higher revision level system board but I appreciate this may not be a practical or cost-effective solution.

It is possible (although difficult) to replace the original soldered battery. Alternatives would be to connect to a time server after boot (If on the internet) or manually change the time (which becomes a pain).

Please see attached document regarding this problem.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

As per my experience there are two batteries installed on the board. One is CMOS and other is 4.5V alkaline battery for Real-Time Clock (160274-001). First replaced the battery with part no (160274-001). And if issue didn't get resolved then also replace the system board and power supply also. I sure that after this issue will resolved.
I am also attaching the snapshot of the battery which needs to replaced. Pls check.

Bhavnish
Everything is Possible+++
oshan
Occasional Contributor

What I did was pull the soldered battery out and connected the 4.5 volt battery wires directly to the old batteries contacts on the motherboard. Worked like a charm, Keeps perfect time now after shutdowns ^_^