108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800 Real Time Clock problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Arabatzis Pantelis
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 800 Real Time Clock problem

I have changed the on-board battery for the real time clock because the BIOS and the time/date information was missing at every boot. I used an external Compaq battery which is designed especially for this board. From that point on, the Bios information is ok, but the problem is that if for example I turn off the server today at 10/02/2004 17:00, the next day when I power up the server the date will be 10/02/2004 and the time 17:00. And it starts counting from that point on. In other words, during the time the server is down the time is not counting. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Bill Wood_3
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 800 Real Time Clock problem

This is a know issue with the system board and it needs to be replaced. Please post the serial number of the server and I will give you the spare part number. Or, you can call 800-OK-COMPAQ and they will assist you.
Cory Hug
Frequent Advisor

I'm having this exact same problem with several of our servers. We've got 80 of these things still in service and so far 4 of them have the on-board battery die. They have to last us another year, so I'd expect a few more before we retire these servers.

Follow-up question though. In my case, these servers are out of warranty. Are you still going to replace the system board at no cost since it's a know bug? If not, how much to the replacement boards cost? (Although, we won't be very happy about paying for replacements for a known bug that doesn't even manifest itself until well after the warranty has expired.)

Thank you.
Dennis Peyton

am experiencing the same problem. Might the solution be the same for me, e-mail the serial number to you and then replace the board?

Dennis