5635 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800 dual procs and windows OS

Mark_592
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 800 dual procs and windows OS

Hello,

I hope someone can help me..I have a compaq Proliant 800 with dual 400Mhz processors with the latest rom update. I am trying to install windows 2000 server without luck...The initiall setup goes smooth and then when it comes to the reboot and starting up the machine shutsdown and restarts. I must mention that this happens when tryting to install any MS OS i.e (XP,2000,NT4:clients and servers versions), but if I pull out the secound processor the setup goes as smooth as can be expected. At first I thought I had a dead processor but all linux OS's install and recongnize the processor without any problems. I have tried pressing F5 at the setup prompt add scii drivers and selected all the available options: some freeze the computer at startup and the others shutdown and restart.
Please what am I missing or is this a hardware problem.
Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Brown_15
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant 800 dual procs and windows OS

What happens when you install W2K Server with one processor then add the second processor physically and update the OS drivers to see the second processor?
Mark_592
Occasional Contributor

Hi it curls over and dies just like doing a fresh install..I have just got a new vrm cause I though that might be the problem and going to try that right now and see if that works.

Mark
Jeff Brown_15
Frequent Advisor

Any luck with the VRM?