4172 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant CL1850

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

to clarify a couple of things...

Yes there is no problem doing an active/active configuration with the CL1850. each node can have concurrent access to the storage system, but within the storage system they must access separate LUNs (no simultaneous access to a single LUN from both servers).

When you get the D1 stop code, you should also see a driver listed in the code. That is usually a pretty good indication of what is causing the error. Sometimes updating just that driver will help.

But a bigger problem is that the CL1850 is not officially supported with Windows 2003 (the CL380 is, but not the CL1850). So you may be able to get sort of basic functionality working (like with single nodes), but it sounds like there is something (perhaps the SCSI HBA driver?) that is not quite right. There are no W2K3 drivers available from the HP support site for either the CL1850 or the ProLiant 1850R, which is basically the same server- it only goes up to Windows 2000, so that may be part of the problem.

My guess is that if you drop down to Windows 2000, it would work.

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

If the HBA driver you are talking about is the CR3500 Controller driver then there is no driver for Windows2000 either. There is a workaround to install it as an Other Device\Unsupported Device.
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

there has actually never been a driver for the CR3500. The driver needed is the one for the SCSI HBA, which is then used as a pass through to the CR3500. You are correct in that the CR3500 shows up as a device (and you can get rid of the annoying messages by listing it as Other), but this is just a vestige of how Plug and Play initializes. It really only needs the SCSI card driver, but it does "see" the CR3500, so it reports it. But don't waste any time looking for a CR3500 driver, as there isn't one!

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Matthew Shulman

Hi Darin,

Have you had any luck with this? I'm attempting the same type of configuration and am having the exact same issue.

The fact that it's support on the CL380 gives me hope, since the shared storage is nearly identical.

If you have any success, please let me know. I'll do the same - I'm working on it today.
Matthew Shulman

Hi Doug,

You mention that you are running an active/passive setup on a CL1850. Are you running Windows 2003 though? This is what both Darin and I are trying to run and are both having similiar issues with.

Thanks,

Matt
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

You might check this out - not sure if it helps. It's for Widows 2000, but there may be a similar issue with 2003.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EC000818_CW02

Thanks,
Doug
I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

I'm running Windows 2000.
Matthew Shulman

Doug's link above is the fix. I actually figured this out yesterday and it works for both 2000 and 2003.

Darin - Just go to the drivers section for the CL1850 and download the HP Proliant 32-Bit SCSI Controller driver for windows 2000/Server 2003. Install this and you'll be good to go.

Matt