ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752788 Members
6085 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant CL380 - CR3500 shows RAID fine but drives status unreadable in Disk Administrator(Win2KSp3

Andrew Runting_1

Proliant CL380 - CR3500 shows RAID fine but drives status unreadable in Disk Administrator(Win2KSp3

After a reboot, disk administrator shows our three raid set logical drives as status unreadable, even though the CR3500 manager shows the raid sets are all fine. There are no amber lights on backplane and no errors at all - except that Win2K Sp3 cannot access the drives, from both nodes (tried each one independently). We added a new drive and can read/write to that fine. Any ideas while we rebuild a second server?? Help !!
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant CL380 - CR3500 shows RAID fine but drives status unreadable in Disk Administrator(Win2KSp3

Hello Andrew,
The only thing I can think of causing this behavious is the firmware version of the controller. Please give that a try and see if it helps.
The firmware update can be downloaded from the following link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locOsCat/20_55.html

Regards,
Andrew Runting_1

Thanks for your quick reply Sunil. That was the first thing I checked - (it did have a previous version) but upgrading and reboot had no effect. My only guess is that during the earlier reboot something has become corrupted?? We have tried restoring the CR3500 config from a backup etc just in case, and also changed CR3500's - to no effect. Cluster service is not running as the quorum resource was on one of the raids. Could the stopped cluster service be stopping access maybe and can we relocate the quorum?
Andrew Runting_1

Update- for the record and to help anyone else -the cause was in fact a corrupted quorum resource (logs) of cluster service. A HP/Compaq engineer is helping us get over it (start cluster service without logs etc) and recover data so we can turn off the cl380s and use a few G3 Dl380s to do our job and keep our users happy (or less angry). Scary stuff..