7045 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL 160 Easy Set-Up

SOLVED
Go to solution
LianneG

Proliant DL 160 Easy Set-Up

We just purchased a Proliant DL 160se that I will be installing SBS 2008 Premium on. When I try to run the easy setup CD it freezes right after it asks what language and what keyboard layout to use (Engligh to both). I am using a KVM switch to connect our servers so it is possible that I need to connect a keyboard and monitor separately to complete setup. I am wondering if anyone knows what causes this problem and if not, can I just skip the setup CD and boot directly from the SBS disk and run my setup from there. Thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL 160 Easy Set-Up

hi,

we always use original microsoft cd for installation of Windows servers on DL1xx series, of course you need to have a USB FDD to load raid controller driver.

Of course on the DL 3xx/5xx servers series we always using SmartstartCD.

mikap
Karabuyu
Advisor
Solution

hi you USB FDD is not must for 2008 installation, You can download and extract raid controller driver in to a USB Flash memory and you can select that driver during OS installation when it is asked (hard drive)

and yes you can Install SBS 2008 w/o using easy setup Cd, please check your Cd versiyon, latest version should be 2.0b (or something similar) so if you are using too early version new Cd may solve your problem aswell, if you still have problem as you mentioned it may indicate a hardware failure, you can check computer hardware using quick setup cd too.

Regards,
LianneG

Thank you for your help. The version of our CD is only 1.0 so perhaps I need to try to get a more current CD or maybe try to get the controller driver downloaded so I can do a straight install of SBS. At least now I know what my options are.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

be aware
cd does not work with onboard sata controller,
it will send you in circles

points appreciated :)
LianneG

I downloaded the newer setup CD and get one step further but cannot agree to the license (agree is greyed out and no license info appears on the screen). HP support has been pretty useless. For now I am planning to run the SBS 2008 disk for setup and then load the controller drivers to a USB key and go from there. Does it seem like this is the best way to go.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Hmm Lianne

disable raid in setup install on one disk only now in windows in dev manager install raid controller driver ,now we have windows with raid controller but no raid...

now reboot get into bios and enable raid
voila you have raid

because windows is waiting with the driver for raid

points appreciated ;;..enjoy..