5506 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL 360 G5 HDD compatibilty

Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

Proliant DL 360 G5 HDD compatibilty

Hi All,
I have G5 which is just 2 months after warranty and one of the HDDs failed.
Server PN is 470064-620 with E200i storage controller and SAS slots.
Failed HDD is 146GB 10K, spare no 432320-001. Those HDDs seems to be unavailable anymore, therefore I'm considering taking two new HDDs, but I can't find compatibilty information. Specifically, I can get at good price:
HP 146GB 10K 6G 2.5 (SFF) SAS DP HDD P/N: 507125-B21
The question is - will it work in my server?
Returning will be costly and problematic.
2 REPLIES 2
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

HP is phasing out 146GB and 300GB drives for 450GB and 600GB. You can replace a 146GB with 300GB or larger.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

That drive will work fine as a replacement. The main difference between your current drives and the new drive mentioned is that the new drive is dual port and is capable of 6Gb/s transfers. In your case the the E200 is only capable of 3Gb/s and if configured into an array with other 3Gb/s drives it will operate at the same speed. Dual port drives will not make a difference for use internally in this server and is mainly used to setting up the drives in external enclosures with dual domain configurations.

How are you attempting to obtain one of the original part number? If the server is still under warranty or contract then you should be able to get a replacement with that spare. If not, you could go to the HP parts store (partsurfer.hp.com) and order it with that PN. I see the part is in stock, but goes for $349.80 for the spare part. I see the newer type of drive you mentioned goes for $259 on the HP site.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..