108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL 360 Gp4 Remove Rails from Server Rack

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Jam
Frequent Advisor

Proliant DL 360 Gp4 Remove Rails from Server Rack

OK, I have the server out and the sliding track.  What is the trick to removing tha last part form the rack to make room for my new DL 360 G8?

It has been 8 years since I put it in and their is no documentation that explains this that I can find.

4 REPLIES 4
gsb_2
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: Proliant DL 360 Gp4 Remove Rails from Server Rack

If I remember correctly, there are some tabs you have to push in right behind where the rail is mounted on the vertical columns of the rack. It is difficult if you have rails above or below the one you are trying to get out.

Peter Jam
Frequent Advisor

It is in the top,slot and there iss a sister DL3604p in slot 2.  Perhaps I need to take that server out to access the rails.  I have pushed and pulled on everything I can find.  :(

Peter Jam
Frequent Advisor

ll I fianlly got the next server out of the rack and was able to get the final part of the rails removed.  Thanks for your help, and have a great weekend.

SvenTrady

Use a large paper clip and unfold until straight. Now bend hooks into both ends. Slide one hook into the slot at the end of the rails. With your index finger in the other hook pull. It will only take a moderate force to dislodge the rail spring lock.

IMG_0303.JPG