ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL 360, errror while trying to install...

Al Campos
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL 360, errror while trying to install...

I keep getting an error while I try to install HP Network Configuration Utility 7 for Win2k Serv. It says I need to upgrade the miniport drivers....but I can't find the miniport drivers for a Proliant DL 360 anywhere on this site.

4 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL 360, errror while trying to install...

have you tried overwrite old teaming utility? Or you uninstalled previously, from help files should be instruction how to manage successfully uninstall
You have to kill all previous entries for teaming, dissolve; you might have to delete some entries from registry. Install latest driver and than install teaming software.
Al Campos
Occasional Contributor

well it is a fresh install of Win2k Serv, along with Compaq's SmartStart v5.x...don't see why it wouldn't let me install the HP NCU v.7, so there is nothing to modify or uninstall...
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

The miniport driver would be the NIC driver itself. The latest driver is available at
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19950.html

The 5.5 is an older SmartStart. You should install the latest support (7.1); but event that does not have the latest NCU or the latest driver.
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Al Campos
Occasional Contributor

yeah I already updated the nic driver, still same error msg being displayed...I even updated the nic with the latest driver...since it's a fresh install of Win2k Serv, I might just go ahead and re-install it fresh along with SmartStart...it's a test server anyhow.