cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL 380 G5 Riser Card?

Terry Stubbs
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL 380 G5 Riser Card?

I have two riser cards for the above. the current installed cards has three slots numbered slots 3, 4, and 5 slots 4 and 5 look like pci express slots. however, slot 3 is smaller and has our SAS card plugged in I am trying to connect an external tape drive to the server for back up. however the card all seem to be pci. I have another card which has three slots on it labelled slot 1, 2 and 3. 2 and 3 are pci slots that I need for the scsi card however, slot 1 appears to be a pci express slot which is bigger than the bottom slot of the installed riser. any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Terry
6 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL 380 G5 Riser Card?

Terry,

Have a look at the DL380 G5 Quickspecs and go to the section marked "Expansion Slots" which explains the different risers and the two embedded half height X4 PCIe slots (1 and 2).

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12477_na/12477_na.html

It appears that both supported PCI Riser cages would be marked 3,4 and 5 since 1 and 2 are fixed on the system board so I'd be suspicious of the other riser cage if it's marked 1, 2 and 3 (Must be for a G4 or G3 DL380 model).

I think you must have the standard PCIe Riser cage. There is a note in the options section which reads....

SCSI Controllers for External Drive/Storage Support
NOTE: All Ultra 320 controllers are PCI-X and require the Mixed Riser Cage Option Kit (PCI-E/PCI-X)

So I think you will need to purchase this optional cage to support a PCI-X SCSI card. The SAS card should fit into the bottom slot of this optional riser cage (PCIe in slot 3).

I hope this helps.

Brian

Lenny_11
Advisor

How about drivers for win2003 32bit? Any luck on where to find drivers? Device manager just shows 3 "unknown devices":

base system device
pci device
unknown device

Thank you,

LB
juan quesada
Respected Contributor
Lenny_11
Advisor

The win2003 support pack has been installed. I know of this page, it was the first place I looked, however, not sure which driver to choose because the win2003 support back has already been installed.

I thought that would take care of it.

Thanks,

Lenny
Lenny_11
Advisor

Thanks for the reply...
I do know this page, it was the first place I looked, however, not sure which driver to choose because the win2003 support back has already been installed.

I thought that would take care of it.

Thanks in advance,

Lenny
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

if you re-install the PSP, all the drivers will be re-install, I suggest the attached procedure (95% chances that your device manager will look better)