1748181 Members
4040 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL 380 G6 SAS RAID 0 recovery - Urgent

mrAl
Visitor

Proliant DL 380 G6 SAS RAID 0 recovery - Urgent

Hi, this is urgent every help is appreciated. I removed HDD which is in RAID 0 (just one disk) because I had a problem with starting OS. Bootmgr could not be found...  I thought that all Raid infos are on HDD. So OS booted and was not able to see that HDD in Computer, nor disk management  when I put it back in the bay. HP array configuration utility is showing red X saying that HDD has failed. I was thinking to reactivate hdd, but it says that

data may be lost. Please help  

error 271 

Logical drive 3 (410.2 GB, RAID5) has failed and cannot be used. All data on this logical drive has been lost. Configuration changes to this logical drive are not allowed until this problem is corrected. also, if your controller supports Expansion, Extension, or migration, these ..

4 REPLIES 4
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Can you please be more specific on the issue ?
It is confusing because you have mentioned Logical drive 3 has failed which is on raid 5 and the post talks about Raid 0 ( 1 drive has been removed )
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
mrAl
Visitor

Hi , sorry for missunderstanding I was writing this too fast .... so the thing is 

I have in bay1 and bay 2 ,  hard drives , that are configured with raid 0 separatelly , so I have 2 raid 0. In bay 5 and 6 are 2 more hdd and they have OS on it with raid 1. Everything worked perfectly until blackout. After blackout, BOOTMGR is missing error is shown. If I remove hdd from the 1st bay and reenable in dos hdd in 2nd , OS boots normally , and that 2nd hdd is working and I can access it. Even If I move Hdd from bay 2 to bay 7 it recognize moving and it recreates the raid and I can access to that hdd.

But the problem is 1st hdd, which doesn't respont to reenabling. Even If I move Hdd to bay 8 (steps same as for the 2nd hdd ) when I try to boot it still asks for bootmgr ? If I add it later , after OS is up and running , it recognize that belong to specific raid but it still has a error code 271 and I cannot acces it. 

Dave73
Regular Advisor

From what you have explained, which is difficult to interpretate.

The disk has failed and you have lost the data on that disk. RAID 0 is non redundant.

mrAl
Visitor

Well actually I didn't lost the data , the data is still on HDD, the problem is that HP proliant always tries to boot from that HDD ,wheather it is in bay 1 or bay 8 !!!! It somehow assumes that that is the boot partition and I am not able to access OS in order to access files. I used system recovery, bootmgr repair .. and nothing worked. At the end solution is to copy files from command prompt .
It may be little confusing but I nicely explained configuration and hdd positioin ,what i did and what is the problem.