ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL 380 g4 Server's Raid 0+5 Fail

Proliant DL 380 g4 Server's Raid 0+5 Fail

Hi There

I have problem with proliant DL 380 g4 server. When I boot the server it tried to boot but didn’t get the operating system.

First all of I checked the server’s hardware by HP Smart Start cd. It diagnoses properly and didn’t find any hardware error. But when I checked the server’s Raid status by using F8 key and view option, it shows the raid 0+5 fail.

My server OS is Windows 2003 Enterprise edition. And the server’s H.D.D contains lot of data. So how can I solve the problem with out losing any data. Please help me.

Md.Mazharul Hoque Shovon.
2 REPLIES
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL 380 g4 Server's Raid 0+5 Fail

Hello
There is no such thing as RAID 0+5, there is RAID 5, RAID 1+0 for example. It is possible that one of your drives has failed and logical drive is disabled until the drive is replaced and array is rebuilt. Please run Array Diagnostics Utility (ADU) from the SmartStart CD, save ADU report to USB drive or floppy and attach it to your post in this forum.

Re: Proliant DL 380 g4 Server's Raid 0+5 Fail

Thanks and sorry to delay replay. Initially the problem is solve by replacing H.D.D to another server and working fine. So please clo9se the case.

Regards

Md.Mazharul Hoque Shovon.