Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL 39- G4 question.

Nahum_1
Advisor

Proliant DL 39- G4 question.

Hi there,

First of all let me say that your forum is doing a great job, i'm learning so much about your proliant server from the answers you write to peoples.

And now to my little question.

Is there any document in HP that says that i can remove the Xeon processor from mt proliant dl 380 G4 and insert a Itanium 64bit processor?

I think that the answer for this qusetion will be...Impossible mission -:), but what can i say, my boss decidede it's achievable, but i stronglly belive that it's impossible (unless you eill duzzle me with an opposit answer).

Hope to hear from you soon.

P.s.

I'm also having in a diffrent server (also proliant dl 380 g4) a yellow triangle with exclamation mark inside it next to an icon indicating Real time monitor in my operations manager 2007.

When i checked the windows event log, and the IML i could'nt see any specific error, but unforunatlly i can't login to the Hp management homepage because i don't know the answer...and ideas?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards,
Nahum
Israel.
4 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL 39- G4 question.

hi

I am not a Itanium Savvy but your boss knows about servers? sorry to say that but architecture is totally different you know

about the second thing that exclamation mark is from where? physically on the server? in the system Board? how's is the server behaving? rebooting or something? I am not familiar with your software and I don't know if that is HP soft

also what do you mean by "i can't login to the Hp management homepage because i don't know the answer...and ideas"???

you mean password?

if it is W2003
it is either DOMAIN\Administrator
Administrator's Password

or Administrator
Administrator's Password

if not create a new Temporary Admin Account and log in to System Management Homepage

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

processor supported list

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12028_div/12028_div.html#Options

Nahum_1
Advisor

Hi Karlo,

The event is coming from microsoft system center operations manager.

I didn't restart the server because this is SQL server and restarting the server is something that i need to inform the DBA that i want to do that, and scheduele with him the best time to restart the server.

about the hp management homepage, i can't login because i don't remember the paswword, and i already try to create a new local admin user and login with the account i created.

I'll keep you posted, and maybe restarting the server will solve the problem i see in my operations manager console.

Have a great day,

Nahum
Israel.

p.s.

i added a screen shot from my console about the error i'm seeing in operations manager 2007
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

yes it's difficult to know what else is going on just seeing that "warning sign" there even when you checked event log and IML and there is nothing there

bye