cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL140

DannyF
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL140

I am trying to update the firmware on a ProLiant DL140 Server because it's old and I want to load Windows 2003. I downloaded the zip file to my desktop and extracted it to a folder. Since I don't have a floppy drive on the Server I created a bootable CD using Nero Express and burned the extracted files to it. I boot my Server off the CD ok but it does not find the file that the readme file says to run(BIOSF.BAT. When I bring the CD back to my workstation and browse the CD with Explorer it's there. I did a directory listing at the Server on the CD and tried running the cmd from every directory listed. I also tried extracting the files to a floppy and then burning them to the CD from the floppy and no change. I tried Dir*.bat /s from the root at the Server on the CD but not found. Does anyone have any suggestions?
5 REPLIES
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL140

posted in completely the wrong forum.
Moved to more appropriate forum
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

i dont have nero with me. but there are different option in there to create a bootable disk. check the different option like bootable floppy with diff version of dos and all
Nothing is impossible
Ozan GUNAYDIN
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Download the latest SmartStart CD from hp. Then burn it. IT is a bootable CD. Boot the server with smart start and update any firmware you want.
DannyF
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions fron Prashants and Ozan GUNAYDIN. I was finally able to burn a bootable CD and update my BIOS to the latest version. But when I try to boot a SmartStart CD I get a hard stop after the initial load. I first used the 6.3 CD but it complained that the version was not for this Server , to use 5.5 or lower. I got a hold of a 5.5 CD but got the same error. I downloaded and burned another 5.5 CD but no change. Any suggestions?
mlee732
Occasional Visitor

No SmartStart CD for DL140. If you have SmartArray controller, just bootup using ORCA.
Michael