ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753943 Members
9147 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL145 boot problem

Proliant DL145 boot problem

I installed Win 2003 on DL145 with a LSI SCSI card, but booting from hard disk fails.

I use the LSI-BIOS boot option (only HD related option available, apart from floppy, CD-ROM and network).

I've also tried to install Windows with the SCSI drivers found from this site: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=fi&prodNameId=3285493&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=398205&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#7832

How to get the system to boot from hard disk?
11 REPLIES 11
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

Dl145 G1? G2? G3?

were you able to install W2003?
if so what do you mean by "How to get the system to boot from hard disk"?

if you are not able to install the OS what is the error? on loading drivers? non syste disk error?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!

It's G1.

I booted from CD to Windows 2003 installation, it found the disk and installed the OS. After installation boots, it's not able to boot OS from the hard disk.

Seems like the only boot methods the server is using are floppy, cd and network.

The LSI SCSI start-up screen shows my Compaq 36GB HD as usual with SCSI ID 1 and so on..

Ps. The error is: "Unable to detect boot media: insert boot media and press any key to boot." ...or something like that.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I've now tried with "HP ProLiant 64-Bit/133-MHz Single and Dual Channel Ultra320 Adapters for Windows Server 2003", "HP ProLiant 64-Bit/133-MHz Single/Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI HBA and SCxxXe series SCSI HBA Driver for Windows Server 2003" and "HP ProLiant Storage System Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003" just to be sure, but none of those give any positive results.

I've also tried having the only boot option as "LSI MPI Boot Support". It gives the same error "00010 - reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Joonatan,

This might sound stupid but can you try changing the drive SCSI ID to 0 (usually remove all address jumpers) and see if it works.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I tried changing the ID to 0, but same error still.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Any other jumper etc. settings that might have effect?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Joonatan,

Can you enter the BIOS on the LSI card (usually via F8 or other key combination when prompted) and check that it has BIOS Support - also known as INT13 Support enabled.

Without BIOS support it won't boot the disk but you can install the O/S to it.

Can you state exactly what type of SCSI contoller and model number this is please.

Sorry if you have already checked this.

Regards,

Brian

Hi,

Pressing F8 during startup provides only two choises One button tape recovery and SCSI device settings. INT13 support configuration is nowhere to be found.

The SCSI card is LSILogic LSI1030-IT and during start-up the SCSI information shows that SCSI ports and the hard disk are all non INT13 devices.

Is there a way to set this device to support INT13?