1753964 Members
7648 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL320 G2 boot problem with attached RAID

Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

Proliant DL320 G2 boot problem with attached RAID

We're setting up a new fileserver with an attached StorageFlex raid array. We installed a Adaptec 39160 HBA into the server to with the Raid array is connected and did a fresh Smartstart install of Windows 2003 server.

With the Raid powered down the box boots fine. With the Raid powered up the box tries to boot off the Raid disks and fails. The Bios boot order settings are the default - internal ATA Raid, CDROM, C drive.

Regards
Norm Dignard
4 REPLIES 4
Nathan Henderson_1

Re: Proliant DL320 G2 boot problem with attached RAID

I'm aware this issue is nearly a year old, but did you have (or do you recall) the solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing now and was curious if you were able to resolve it.
Norman Dignard
Regular Advisor

I can't say that I recall. I had puty the problem over to one of my Windows guru's who I questioned and they can't remember either.

sorry
Norm
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Is there a BIOS setting on the RAID adaptor to tell it NOT to allow booting off of it? I know some/most Adaptec controllers have a setting to tell it NOT to try to boot.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Venkatesh_16
Respected Contributor

Hi there,

You may like to try a BIOS update for the server motherboard and the RAID controller card.

HTH
Venkatesh