Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL320 G3 hangs at boot with USB 2.0 Hard Disk plugged in

JohnSyr
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL320 G3 hangs at boot with USB 2.0 Hard Disk plugged in

Hi Guys,

I bought a lacie desktop USB 2.0 Hard Disk (500GB) as external storage for backups.

The problem is that the server hangs at boot whenever the drive is plugged in (after the Ethernet Controller Prompt) and before the 'Press F10 for system maintenance menu'

The screen goes blank and the cursor keeps blinking until you Alt+Ctrl+Del the system.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (2007.07.16) and I saw in the history that this problem has been solved in a previous BIOS release. Obviously not...

The system consists of two hard disks in a Mirror Array using the built-in SATA controller.

If the drive is unplugged, the system boots normally. Any ideas?

Thanks
John
3 REPLIES
rond
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant DL320 G3 hangs at boot with USB 2.0 Hard Disk plugged in

Did you ever get a response back from HP?
rond
Occasional Visitor

I had upgraded to the latest firmware, using the RomPaq.iso. The system now starts up well with the external drive connected to the server.
JohnSyr
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

Which bios version was that? Doing the online flash with the latest one (as per my original msg) did not solve anything. Do you have a G3 as well?

I got a reply from HP support, saying that the issue is 'expected to be solved in the next BIOS release', but they could not confirm when it will be out.