cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL320 G5 - Riser Card Issue

TheMuppet
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL320 G5 - Riser Card Issue

We have a Proliant DL320 G4 (418044-421) which we plan to use for an internal phone system. The box boots successfully when on its own. We have installed an ISDN PCI on the additonal riser card we purchased however when we boot the server with this card in it does not even reach post and the fans bearly start up. We have tried this card in other servers and they boot and function successfully and we have installed a PCI network card in the DL320 to confirm that the PCI riser card work (this also was successful). Any ideas?
7 REPLIES
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL320 G5 - Riser Card Issue

What is the model for the riser card?
What is it a G4 or G5?In subjet is a G5

DOn't forget to apply you re points there next to every message you get.

N/A: The reply was a clarification to my original question
1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

TheMuppet
Occasional Visitor

Apologies its a G5 and the model of a riser card M11iLA PCI-X Riser Card (06321-1) - (48 5D805.001)
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

I f i read well you need this one :419557-B21 for DL320 G5 riser card..did you read the manuel on this item..

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00778835/c00778835.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

May be it incompatible!
TheMuppet
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

Took a little while to find out but apparently the card I detailed is HP Part number 419557-B21.

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

It wright card for it..let me look to find an answer...will i look you could apply the point in every message.

the point are situated in to every messages next of the date and time, now it Unassigned,read the follwing messages:

1-3: The answer didn't help answer my question, but thanks anyhow!
4-7: The answer helped with a portion of my question, but I still need help.
8-10: The answer has solved my problem completely! I'm a happy camper!

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared

This comes from HP,it will help you get faster answer from people! or you will not get anything, you can see all of this by clking and the user name next to the message just to see what are answers he gave,the message he did not apply is points and..ect.ect..

Dan
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

First of all ensure that server's firmware is up-to-date.
Also I have several issues with different servers (not only HP) when legacy PCI cards did not work properly in PCI-X slots...

Daniel Leblanc, stop please annoying about points in every message. Or you help only for points?:)
TheMuppet
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, we're in the process of downloading the 400Mb ISO for servers firmware. Once its on we'll give it a go.