ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753814 Members
7538 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL320 Noisy

Joel Lagman_1

Proliant DL320 Noisy

We just got an HP Proliant DL320 Rack Server and it's producing this humming noise that is really loud. It sounds like the fans inside. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or is there a way to stop this noise. Just to give you an idea on how loud this humming sound is, I can still hear the sound even when I'm wearing ear plugs.
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

what OS do you installed ?
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

See "customer advisory" at
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=EL040210_CW01.xml&dt=3
EL040210_CW01 -
"Some Fans Used In The ProLiant DL320 G2 Server May Generate High Noise Levels And Require Fan Cable Extension Adapters"
BR, Oleg.
Joel Lagman_1

Thank you, I am running Windows 2003 Server. I will read the article you just sent.
Joel Lagman_1

Hi Oleg, I just read the article and the first thing I've noticed is the brand of the cooling fans. I have the Sunon Brand installed on my server. The brand in question on the article is the Nidec brand. Do you have any other ideas?
Joel Lagman_1

After Reading some more. I was able to download the software the corrects the problem. I can now hear my air conditioning unit running :) Thanks