8770 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL320G2 / Fan Noise

James Sefton
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL320G2 / Fan Noise

Hi,

I am aware that putting the PSP onto the system will allow the management driver to slow the fan down but it puts loads of other bits on the system that i really do not want there.

Does anyone know of a way i can just install the driver that manages the fan speed without having to setup the SNMP, HTTP management, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello James,
Please try the following:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp23501-24000/SP23767.txt

Regards,
James Sefton
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the pointer to the rom upgrade that allows you to set the default fan speed. This did work fine but ideally i was looking for a driver (or rom upgrade) that will enable to auto-fan speed facility that adjusts the fan speed dependent on temperature.

The system management driver does this without a problem but when installing it sets up loads of other bits that i dont want on the system and it takes a long long time to setup (which needs to be attended since it asks a lot of questions.)

This is not a problem for just a couple of systems but i have a good handful of systems that all need to be setup slightly differently.

Im guessing that since i cannot find a bare driver to manage things that there isnt one.

The reduced noise that the bios upgrade gives is a step in the right direction. Thanks for that.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello James,
Not to worry I am looking into the software solution as well. As soon as I find one I shall post it for you.
Regards,