ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753894 Members
7667 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 G1 Smart Array Version

mike fiss

Proliant DL360 G1 Smart Array Version

I just got this server off ebay. I am trying to determine which version of the smart array it has. The only version I can find is 1.42.

Can someone help me with the smart array number? like 5x or 6x or whatever else there is.

THANKS
4 REPLIES 4
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

That particular Smart Array Controller does not have a number assiciated with it according to HP's specs and is simply referred to as the "Integrated Smart Array Controller". Here are some details about it though:

Dual Channel Wide Ultra2 SCSI performance; 80MB/s per channel, based on the Symbios 53C1510 chipset

The "1.42" you indicated sounds like the SA Controller firmware version; the latest of which is 1.5B according to the DL360 download site.
"Did you get that memo?"
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Mike,
No number.
Compaq just call this controller
"Integrated Smart Array Controller "
See questions 17-20 here:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantdl360/questionsanswers.html#17

>>The only version I can find is 1.42

I think it is SmartArray firmware version,
the last firmware version is 1.50
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14985.html
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Refer to the attahced image confirm me is that the same thing what you are refering to.
If it is same then:-
Part information:
Option Part Number 128293-B21
Spare Part Number 158855-001

Features
Fault Recovery - Online Spares: Up to four spare drives can be installed prior to drive failure. If a failure occurs, recovery begins with an Online Spare and data is reconstructed automatically.
Fault Tolerance -
Distributed Data Guarding (RAID 5): Distributed Data Guarding (RAID 5) allocates parity data across multiple drives and allows simultaneous write operations. For configuration - see "Smart Array Controller Technology: RAID 5 Configuration Recommendations" white paper.
Drive Mirroring (RAID 1, 0+1): Drive Mirroring (RAID 1, 0+1) allocates half of the drive array to data and the other half to mirrored data, providing two copies of every file.
Hot-Pluggable Drive Support - Hard disk drives can be removed or added without powering down the server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
mike fiss

Everyone is right. Updating the firmware now.

Anyone know which driver in linux this would be? cciss or cparray or another?