1752661 Members
5396 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL360 G2 - Disabling onboard video/adding PCI Video Card

alpineracing

Proliant DL360 G2 - Disabling onboard video/adding PCI Video Card

Good Afternoon All,

I would like information on adding a PCI Video Card to the DL360 G2... When the PCI Video Card is placed in slot and rebooted, no video signal (from the card or onboard) is being received by the monitor. When the card is removed the onboard video works. I however need 32MB of Video for my application and the onboard memory is only 8MB. Is there a way to disable the onboard video?
4 REPLIES 4
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant DL360 G2 - Disabling onboard video/adding PCI Video Card

I haven't seen anyone, succeeded doing this :) A lot of people have tried, nobody has given a positive answer.

And the video cannot be disabled - no such option is in bios.
alpineracing

**Is there any method to add Video Memory other than disabling the onboard video and adding a PCI card that anyone is aware of? Anything (at all) I could try?

Thanks very much,
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

As I told you, I haven't heard of successful try.
The DL140G3 for example supports Quadro FX, but it is completely diferent architecture than the 300-series. Maybe someone can has made some tests and can share his experience :) I don't think you'll be able to make it run.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If you need a graphic or multimedia workstation, purchase a workstation, not a server. They are cheaper, have x16 PCI-E, have USB 2.0, sound, and you can use high-end graphics cards on them. As told above, only DL140 series (used typically in rendering clusters) support 3D graphic cards.