1753930 Members
9848 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL360 G2 Server Problems

Krysune
Advisor

Proliant DL360 G2 Server Problems

Both hard drives on it are wiped clean, it wont boot from the CD, it tells you *Attempting to boot from CD* then *Attempting to boot from Floppy* Etc it wont boot from the CD though, any ideas? It goes past it, and goes to another screen which looks like this. Picture below if allowed to view http://i53.tinypic.com/wmckle.jpg
Then it says *Non-System disk or disk error*
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
4 REPLIES 4
Pavel Bradut Boghita
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant DL360 G2 Server Problems

Regardless of the disks it should boot from the CDRom. What OS are you trying to boot?
Are you sure that you don't have a faulty CDrom? I'll start my making sure that there isn't a hardware fault with the CDrom unit itself and then I'll try and use an older smartstart disks to boot from.
Let us know if you can get the CDrom booting to work and then we'll take it further.
Krysune
Advisor

Well I was going to install Windows 2003, I don't have my smartstart CD's though, where could I find them? I forget the link HP provides on here for it.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
Pavel Bradut Boghita
Frequent Advisor

Krysune
Advisor

Still isn't booting from a CD