Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL360 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Krysune
Advisor

Proliant DL360 G2

Alright, I just need some help on one thing. Then everything SHOULD be set to go!

Everything on this system IS WIPED, it goes into windows install (trying to install windows 2000 PRO or windows 2003) and windows can't find the hard drives. Yes, I already set it as a logical drive. I think I need drivers for it I believe, thing is I don't know which I really need. Would it be in floppy format? Because it has nothing on it what so ever.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
6 REPLIES
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant DL360 G2

Set scsi id's on the harddisks.
Standard scsi ID's are the same.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Try installing with an older version of hp smartstart. I think a 5.something version will work fine.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

7.1 or higher should be fine (I only looked at 7.1 and that had DL360 G2 on it). If that works you don't have to fiddle with the drivers.

Linky:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316590&swItem=MTX-53cfae5184524f978476d8c424&prodNameId=3288136&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

For the drivers - put them in a floppy, then load them by pressing F6 when windows is booting.

But which controller are you using? You maybe be able to tell that from the POST or inside the Smartstart CD.

Like is it a RAID controller or a scsi controller?

Lots of drivers here for win2k3:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288136&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316590&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

under "Driver - Storage Controller"
Krysune
Advisor

Well, from what I know it says RAID, they are SCSI HD's.

Mainly, which one do I need to download for I can get windows to see the hard drives, for I can install an OS, at the moment it has nothing.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Hit F6 on install and put in the RAID controller drivers. You will see the hard drives or than that use Smart Start 7.5 should work.
Krysune
Advisor

Thanks for the help everyone, worked out perfect.