108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 G3 overheating

SOLVED
Go to solution
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

that's correct. In the cases where it was mounted wrong. From processor 2 the cooling plate was resting on the systemenclosure on one site.
If you still suffer from overheating the systemboard might need to be replaced.

Leon
Jaap Westerbeek_1
Occasional Advisor

thanks for your response Leon.

I'm pretty sure we've mounted the grill/coolingplate properly. Fact is, this is going to be the third mainboard that's going to be replaced to fix the problem.

We've got 11 servers (and are rapidly expanding) and we've had other problems as well ( scsi backplane problem, malfunctioning memory stick )

All in all, 40% of the servers gave us problems. Who has some numbers on reliablity of the DL360 G3 ?

Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Jaap,

Do I get this right, is it the third system board in 1 system or the third out of 11?

From my experience with the DL360G3, it is quite reliable. I have no experiences however with the combination of this system and Redhat.

Leon
Jaap Westerbeek_1
Occasional Advisor

This is the third server that has spontanious reboots due to overheating.

It seems to be a substantial problem...
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

I can't find anything in the databases, maybe you found an issue though. Since the systems which had the system board replaced function fine ( I presume). I think you should create a case at HP to have it checked out. Maybe we can check the board revision levels and inform/check at engineering.

Leon