ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752786 Members
5885 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 G4: where to find MB LEDs description?

Lotosh
Advisor

Proliant DL360 G4: where to find MB LEDs description?

We have DL360 G4 server which cannot be turned on. After power button is pressed, coolers start up, then spin down, but the screen remains blank. Diagnostic LEDs CR22, CR23, and CR28 on the motherboard stay lit.

How could I interpret those LEDs' meaning? System board guide tells that RILOE II user guide should be checked, but those LEDs are not described in the document.

I've found iLo 2 user guide, and there is a description of LEDs. But they are numbered differently ("1" to "7" plus "HB" instead of "CR2x"), and anyways there are no such pattern described.

There are two processors in the server, and two DIMMs. Changing their position does not change anything. Setting MB switches to ignore BIOS settings changes nothing, and removing CMOS battery has no visible effect.

It seems the problem in sowhere inside the motherboard. But the cost of its replacing is about $1300, so we need to be absolutely sure that that's the real cause.
3 REPLIES 3
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Lotosh
Advisor

Proliant Watch,

As I mentioned before, there is no system diagnostic LEDs description. Item 13 in the first table refers to "HP Remote Lights-Out Edition II User Guide on the Documentation CD." I have no server documentation CD, and RILOE II User guide which can be downloaded from the HP web site contains no description of the system diagnostic LEDs.
Clive Austin

Hi Lotosh

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I have exactly the same issue. CR22, CR23 & CR28 diagnostic LEDs stay on - no action on the console.

Any advice/suggestion you might be able to contribute would be most welcome - it's driving me nuts!

Clive Austin