108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 G4p Failed in insight manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Proliant DL360 G4p Failed in insight manager

I've got a number of Proliant DL360 G4 machines and they all show up red in insight manager when the ILO isn't connected to the network. I don't have enough ports on the switch and have no need for ILO so I would like to know how to fix this problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you are opening the same magement agent on the same server What is the status of the server. Instread of looking through the Insight manager.

ILO cannot for used anything else.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you go into the iLO setup and deactivate its NIC, it should be OK. Either use the F8 prompt at POST or use the online config utility (I think it can be done there)

Regards,
Stephen
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If i disable then can that be used by my system to send and recive information on network by OS?

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Disabeling the ILO nic works but isn't there another way because now if I would like to use ILO I first have to restart the server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Don't disable the hardware. Go to Start-->Control Panel-->HP Management Agents and move the Remote Insight module to inactive. The iLO hardware will still be functional, but errors won't be reflected in server status.