cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL360 G5 Power On Issue

Nicholas Moore
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL360 G5 Power On Issue

I recently reloaded a DL360 server with Windows Server 2003 R2. After loading the drivers and HP software I powered down the system to remove the riser card to determine what type of expansions slots were available. After seating the riser card and replacing the cover I'm unable to get the server to boot.

Right away I notice that when I push the power button it will turn green, but the fans don't run at a high RPM - they run slowly. The server does not show any output on the monitor. I'm not seeing any orange/red warning lights that would tell me that there's something wrong.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Nick
4 REPLIES
Mauricio Salas
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant DL360 G5 Power On Issue

Clear NVram maybe, with the system Maintenance Switch 6, or removing the CMOS battery and the power cords, then press the power button for 5 secs (power Drain)
Nicholas Moore
Occasional Visitor

I tried removing the CMOS battery and draining the power. It didn't work.

I should also note that the Internal health LED on the front panel does not light when the power button is pushed. The External health LED does turn green after pushing the power button.

Mauricio Salas
Frequent Advisor

Reseat the card again, check if it is properly seated
Nicholas Moore
Occasional Visitor

I have reseated the riser card, RAM, power supplies, and fans.

I've even tried logging into the iLO2 controller and starting the server from there. It doesn't recognize that the server is powered on.