5396 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL360 G9 CPU Temperature

rlal
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL360 G9 CPU Temperature

Hi,

I have a Proliant DL360 G9 server running Ubuntu. I am using the 'sensors' package which has recently started showing that one of the two processors is running much hotter than the other. At full load, the temperature on one processor is close to 80C while the other one is 60C. 

I opened up the cover and checked the fans and they all seem to be running okay. Is there any HP utility that could perhaps help diagnose what may be going on? 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
pchops
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL360 G9 CPU Temperature

I would login to the iLO and check the System Information -> Temperature Information page to see if it matches what the "sensors" package is showing. Alternatively, if you have "ipmitool" installed, you could issue an "ipmitool sdr" or "ipmitool sensor" command to view the temperature data.

I work for HPE
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL360 G9 CPU Temperature

Hello,

You can see the all the hardware components health status from the ILO home page.

IML shows the error messages.

Server should be updated with the latest bios and firmware.

If the issue still persist, I would suggest, you have to log a proper case with HPE, and share the appropriate logs for further analysis.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo