108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL360 Gen9 not starting

SOLVED
Go to solution
jbaptista81
Occasional Advisor

Proliant DL360 Gen9 not starting

Hi, i'm having serius problems on making my server to work.

I plug the power cord, and i can hear the power source fan working, the power led turns on (Amber).

Then i press the power button, and he starts flashing green for a very long time and nothing happens, the hdd don't start, it remains off.

sometimes when i press power button it starts to flash all leds (Power, Health, network, Uid).

Other times, i plug the power cord, i can also hear the power source fans working, and front leds are all turned off. 

At all times the back power source led is solid green.

It's a very erratic behaviour. I guess i do have a short circuit on the board, maybe a board total failure.

Any ideias?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Proliant DL360 Gen9 not starting

ksram
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Proliant DL360 Gen9 not starting

Hi,

Thank you for the POST.

Looking at the information it looks like System Board issue.

However you can try / share the following : 

1) Use different known Power Supply and check

2) Reseat the Hardware components (DIMMs / Adapters / Processors / Cages / Cables) and check

3) Any error message on POST / is it completely Blank

4) If you have access to ILO - any error on IML / any error seen on any components.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jbaptista81
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

thank you for replying.

It is the board that is damaged, that is for sure now.

I do have a question, replacing the board, will the RAID work? Will i be able to access the data? This is now my main concern.

Best Regards

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @jbaptista81 ,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, ideally there should be no issues, you will be able to access the Data if the controller and Drives are in tact.

But again, we wount be able to tell for sure, since the Server is down. 

Having backup will be onething that would be recommended esp when crtical applications are running on Server

Thank you

RamKS 

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jbaptista81
Occasional Advisor

Hi again,

thanks for your reply.

I already changed the Mainboard last week, everything is working fine, sorry i forgot to place here that the problem was already solved.

Thanks.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @jbaptista81 ,

Good to know that!

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo