1748106 Members
4949 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 Series ES1013

Krysune
Advisor

Should have added, when it tries to boot with nothing in it of course, it BEEPS TWICE and the screen says

NON DISK OR DISK ERROR press any key to try again.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
TTr
Honored Contributor

> The CD is fine, worked in all other computers.

> Because the CD I have is 110% fine.

Answer this please. Have you ***booted*** from that CD in another PC or server? Putting the CD in another drive and looking at its files is not the same as booting.

Other than this, there isn't much I can do from here.
Krysune
Advisor

Yes...I thought that would be common sense, sorry. I have tried it in other computers, it works fine. The server wont boot from the CD, but boot from Floppys. CD is fine, works on other computers, tried all the CD's I tried on the server, work fine like I said.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.
TTr
Honored Contributor

About the only thing left to check is the CD drive. Can you pull the CD drive and try it on another computer or hook up another CD drive to this server?

I hate to think that you are deadlocked and can not do anything about it. That is, you need the BIOS to make the CD bootable but the BIOS is wiped out and you need the CD to recreate it.
TTr
Honored Contributor

One of the URLs I posted before, mentioned the Compaq System configuration Utility. The link to it however is broken but I found this URL to download it.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254865&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I13227&prodNameId=257767&swEnvOID=1112&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=3

It creates four diskettes. I don't know what this system config utility is but if it is a predecessor to the SmartStart CD it may be useful.
Krysune
Advisor

Sadly I can't test the CD drive on another PC or hook one up to it, as the CD drive here has a different port (Forget the name of it) and it doesn't have the attachments to have those IDE CD drives.

Those files go onto floppy disks right, and repairs the BIOS right?
Krysune
Advisor

Bump...
TTr
Honored Contributor

The CD drive is probably SCSI interface.

As I said I don't know what this utilitys does but from the little I read about it it might help you. Download it, make the four floppies, and try it out. You got nothing to lose but the time you put into it.
Krysune
Advisor

Alright, i'll get back to you on what happens, need to find my floppy drive. Hopefully this works.