ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant DL360 (first gen) compatible with Win2k3 ????

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Simard
Frequent Advisor

Proliant DL360 (first gen) compatible with Win2k3 ????

I can't seem to boot windows 2003 in setup mode, it "freezes" at "starting windows..." at the blue screen, it is possible that this server is NOT compatible for Windows 2003?

Please let me know, Thanks all! Your help is very much appreciated!!!
Si tu n'as pas ce que tu aimes, aimes ce que tu as.
5 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant DL360 (first gen) compatible with Win2k3 ????

DL360G1 is listed as 'Supported, in Windows Server Catalog (formerly called hardware compatibility list)'

http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> SmartStart --> Support Matrices --> Windows
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

yes it sure will work. we have several. you need a ss 5.50 cd and do a "manual install". we run them with a single 550mhz proc and 3gb of ram with dual 146gb drives. they work great for our multicast ghost sessions.
--Andy
Bryan H.
Occasional Contributor

I had the exact same problem you are describing when setting up my DL360 G1 with W2K3. I had to play around with the smart start 5.x erasing the system and selecting manual install to get it to work. I have loaded it about 3 times since my initial install of W2K3 and don't even use the SmartStart anymore. I just boot to the Windows 2003 CD. Also, a good idea to do, once you do get it loaded, create an image of the server to ease in the future deployment of it. I have done this and I can't tell you how valuable it is to be able to revert to a solid production image after working on firewall settings and finding they don't work. Hope that helps.

-Bryan
Robert Rushford
Occasional Visitor

I would also update the firmware on the server first

One of our engineers runs 3 of these servers with 2003 no problems

Rob
YairLevi80
Occasional Advisor

Hi Daniel,
Try these exact steps:

Download the SmartStart CD.
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html

Erase the system, and then install using smartstart 5.5 (choose custom installation and windows 2000 server. This prepares the system for windows 2000 with the F10 tools).

In the end of this process you just boot the server from windows 2003 cd and install the OS on the first available partition. (don't touche the EISA partition)