1748073 Members
5364 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL360 gen9 Post code 711 stale during BIOS

Livitin
Advisor

Proliant DL360 gen9 Post code 711 stale during BIOS

Can't boot server. Stop on Post Code 711.

There are two D3000 (x12x6TB SATA) shelves connected to the server.

pc711.JPG

[Moderator edit: Removed the confidential info.]

17 REPLIES 17
Livitin
Advisor

Disconnected both D3000. No effect. Boot process stale even without Post Code 711. Server won't boot.

Livitin
Advisor

Try to reboot again. Still POST code 711 and won't boot. I can choose F9, F10, F11, F12 but nothing happends.

Livitin
Advisor

Removed RAID controller - boot successfully. :(

Florian Schmutz
Frequent Advisor

Hm if you have 2 Backplanes plase make shure that you put your raidcontrollor to the one witch is associated to the proc witch is in the Server.

An other idea is that the Contoler cant get enought power for his job. I would recomend that you check the HP Quickspecs for the DL380G9 and check that your controller is in there. 

Sorry for not much helping

Cheers Florian

Livitin
Advisor

Yesterday I ran server and both D3000 and successfully installed FreeBSD 10.2 and created RAID50 on D3000. :( May be some issues with RAID-controller. Talking with local support. Results will be added to the forum.

koteswara

hi,

I am also facing this issue. it is getting struct there and F9 or F11 nothing works. I want to enter into boot options and edit boot order.

Did you get any solution for this?

Regards,

Koteswar

Mohammed000

Did you get any solution for this?

Regards,

stephane_lapie
Occasional Advisor

We just got hit by this specific problem. We have a server with both a Smart Array P440ar controller and a Smart HBA H240, and it just refused booting.

HP support techs came in to replace every part short of the RAID and HBA cards, but it didn't work. End result, they had to replace both the HBA and the RAID controllers for us to get the system back online.

Kobus_

Today I'm re-installing en re-configuring my Proliant ML350 Gen9. Smart Array P440ar. After creating a new array, I also changed the server power settings from Dynamic Power Savings Mode to Static Low Power Mode. After a reboot the server did not boot. Message: Post code 0711. Server down, I changed the Server Power Settings back to Dynamic. Now the server boots again and back online. Problem solved.