1753829 Members
8543 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL360 smart array monitoring

Timothy Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Proliant DL360 smart array monitoring

I require smart array monitoring.I can not find compaq "management" cmastor, cmanic, hpasm software which matches my kernel versions.I am using the Proliant DL360 server with redhat fedora kernel (2.6.6)redhat 7.3 kernel (2.4.20-28.7smp)Is there a FAQ how to install/build compaq management/monitoring sofware.-Timothy WebsterOutblaze Ltd.
5 REPLIES 5
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL360 smart array monitoring

Hi

Use ACU I can of management Check site it contains utilitya nd doccumenation to how work with acu
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/index.html

USE ADU for Daignostics for controller.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15125.html

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Timothy Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Claims Linux support, but can't find source or linux bin to download.Useless Windows download only
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Not much inputs on linux where as webbased ACU is there for RH linux

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Timothy Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Why are my line breaks removed?I have no problems with cpqacuxe, cmastor, cmanic which comes with the redhat service patch. I am forgetting about the compaq's smart array patches and going with the compaq smart array driver included in the std kernel. My problems are with hpasm, hprsm which has kernel modules. Are these compatible with 2.6 kernels.-timsorry the web form is removing my linefeeds
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

just a suggestion that be wary of the support matrix, we just ran in this issue where the latest HP Smart Array 5i Controller linux driver was not supported for the latest rad hat AS kernel e38smp.The driver just won't install giving an error.

We logged a call with HP and they actually confirmed it. We found it hard to actually find clear documentation on this issue easily tho.

So just food for thought here....

Btw, have you installed the latest HP Support pack for linux?

Hope this helps and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards,