1748119 Members
3409 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL380 G1 error "Processor in Incorrect Slot"

Sean Waite
Frequent Advisor

Peter, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I have experienced this on both an 1850R and a DL380. Replacing the system board was eventually the only solution I could find. At this point I wouldn't bother anymore trying to diagnose the issue. The system boards can be had for pretty cheap now. Nautilusnet.com has one on Ebay for $5 starting bid. I just replaced my 1850R from them and had really good service.

Peter, something quite similar happened to me recently. I had 2 ML370 servers running for years (one PIII-677 MHz each). Recently I used one of them for test purposes with Windows 2003. I updated the BIOS, installed more RAM and did my tests, everything OK.
After my tests, I tried to build a "bigger" server using all RAM, all HD's and the two processors in one server. But I choose the old one (not BIOS updated) and when it booted up I got the same error like you. I took out the second proccesor but I had the same error. I wasn't able to get that server running even whit the same HD's, processor and RAM it had for years. So the solution I found was to build the same "bigger" server but in the new one (the one I updated) and now it's running Windows 2003 fine.
I keep the old server for replacement but in fact, I don't known what problem it has. I agree, it must be a problem with the system board but I think it's a software problem (BIOS blocked or something like that) no hardware problem at all.