108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 G2 and Intel Pro/1000 MT Server Adapters

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Traylor
Occasional Advisor

Proliant DL380 G2 and Intel Pro/1000 MT Server Adapters

Are these things compatible? I have 8 DL380 G2's. When I tried to install the Intel Pro/1000 MT serve adapter in them, interesting things happened. One of the machines would not even see the card, 2 let me install it and configure it but would not pass any traffic, and the other 5 let me install and configure and then worked great for about 5 days. Then they disapeared. I have upgraded the firmware and BIOS and whatever I can to the latest and greatest, but they still don't work. Am I alone in this? Thanks. Michael T.
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G2 and Intel Pro/1000 MT Server Adapters

What you think Mike ?
time to try another Brand
Verify with Intel or HP compatibility to each other, most liekly driver problem
or
buy from eBay HP cards, one that Compatible for 380G2

BERTON_1
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Michael,
I have used intel gigabit cards on hp servers without problem.

I use a Intel Pro/1000T on a DL380 G2, a Intel Pro/1000MT on a ML530 G1, a Intel Pro/1000MT on a ML330 G1 without any problem.

On each server the internal network cards are disable in the bios(servers aren't use as routers).

In the past the hp gigabit card is a Intel gigabit card, hp change only the bios of the card to avoid the use of hp driver with Intel card.

You can also try to change of PCI slot, may be, you have a conflict with a internal peripheral.

when you change the slot,choose one connected to another PCI bus if possible

Pascal
Michael Traylor
Occasional Advisor

Figured it out. (remembered, actually) We had a similar problem last year with the Pro/1000 MT card in an ML370 G4. An intel dll (ILANSNMP.DLL ) is the problem. With each communication to SNMP the dll created a "handle" to control a block of memory. When it was finished with the communication, the memory was deallocated, but the handle was not. When I checked last night there were 1,258,323 handles on this machine. After rebooting there were 10,498. Then they started to build again. I renamed the offending dll, rebooted, and the handle count is stable.