1753428 Members
4790 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 G3 / 5i Array / NT 4.0 NTDETECT Fails

David White_6
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380 G3 / 5i Array / NT 4.0 NTDETECT Fails

When I select the option to utilize the maximum boot partition size within the 'Option ROM Configuration for Arrays application' Windows NT 4.0 setup fails immediately following the reboot after the initial NT file copy routine.
The error I receive is 'NTDETECT failed'.
If I do NOT select the option to enable 'maximum boot partition' Windows NT 4.0 setup completes successfully. The problem is that by using that I am limited to a 4GB partition on the c: drive. I have not had this problem on previous models of Proliant Servers. Please help!!
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G3 / 5i Array / NT 4.0 NTDETECT Fails

Hello David,
This is NT4 limitation. I have used Server magic in the past for NT4 machine to increase the size above 4GB which worked flawlessly. You definitely need a third party disk utility to accomplish what you want as for as size of HDD is concerned.

Regards,
David White_6
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G3 / 5i Array / NT 4.0 NTDETECT Fails

I was able to extend the c: drive to 8GB on previous models of array controllers. The ExtendOEMPartition option within the NT 4.0 answer file extends logical drives configured with the 'Maximum Boot Partition' option accomplished this. Therefore, this cannot be a limitation of NT 4.0. We have a number of generation 1 DL380 Servers built with 8GB c: drives which did NOT utilize a third party utility. However, it seems the 5i array controller no longer supports this option.