Aimbere Moura
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380 G3 + Netware 5.1 + Support Pack 7.10a

Hi,

Hardware:
- Proliant DL380 G3
- 1 GB Ram
- 1 Processor
- FC HBA 2110 (At the moment, this is not been used)

Software:
- Netware 5.1 with Service Pack 7
- Proliant Support Pack 7.10a

Problem:
Im having a problem after installing Proliant SP 7.10a on server.
The CPU Utilization are constantly at 40%, but i can├В┬┤t identify what are consuming that power. Normally, the server are stabilized at 1% - 2%.

The cache buffers, memory and disk space is fine

Anyone have an idea.

Thanks
Aimbere Mou
4 REPLIES 4
Nathan Gervais
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant DL380 G3 + Netware 5.1 + Support Pack 7.10a

Is the survey utility loaded in your autoexec.ncf, this utility is sometimes a cause of memory leaks, CPU usage
Aimbere Moura
Occasional Contributor

I├В┬┤m loading only CPQSNMP on Autoexec.ncf....

Nathan Gervais
Trusted Contributor

CPQSNMP loads the management agents .. if you rem out that line from the autoexec do you still get the 40% CPU usage?

If you cant afford to bring the server down try running CPQHLTAG to stop the agents from running. They can also be restarted in CPQAGIN.

If it seems that the management agents are the problem try downgrading to PSP 7.0 and see if that is the cause.

Is this a groupwise server?, it can sometimes be the culprit. Is hyper threading enabled? and which Kernel (PSM) is loaded?

Aimbere Moura
Occasional Contributor

>Is this a groupwise server?, it can sometimes be the culprit. Is hyper >threading enabled? and which Kernel (PSM) is loaded?

There's no Groupwise server.
Hyper Threading is not enabled.
Kernel (PSM) version: CPQMPK version 3.22 (March 18, 2003)

>If you cant afford to bring the server down try running CPQHLTAG to stop >the agents from running. They can also be restarted in CPQAGIN.

Ok. I'll try.

>If it seems that the management agents are the problem try downgrading to >PSP 7.0 and see if that is the cause.

I've already tried to downgrade to PSP 7.0, but the agents still running on version 7.10. I have to remove the PSP before installing PSP 7.10?

>CPQSNMP loads the management agents .. if you rem out that line from the >autoexec do you still get the 40% CPU usage?

One day the server stop responding the requests from the machines. The "display servers" came down to 4...
Them, I removed the IP bind e reloaded the network card. The server "lived" again and the CPU come back to its normal (1%).

Two days later the server stop responding again... no error messages at all.
I did the same thing with the network card.... Some hours later, the server stop responding again.
I rebooted the server and tried to downgrade the PSP but now I verified that this doesn't worked so fine.

I'm using the 2 network cards with load balance.
I removed one network card, but the problem still there.

Them, I put a new network card and the server is ok now. The cpu is Ok and the server is working fine, without stop responding....

Now, what's the problem?
The driver of network card or the agents of PSP 7.10??

One more question? How can I verify if the HP Team software is loaded?

Thanks,
Aimbere