1753753 Members
5460 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL380 G3 fan never kicks down

CDNRadia Guy
Advisor

Proliant DL380 G3 fan never kicks down

I have a proliant DL380 G3 that the fans never seem to kick down. I have installed all the proper drivers from numerous forum posts around here. I am running centos 5 on it right now, but have also installed windows to see if that was the problem. I have the hpasmd module running and i can view the fan speeds. they report as NORMAL 20% but they are definitely at full speed. Can anyone provide any insight as to what may be happening? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Update server BIOS and boot with Smartstart CD to check if the fans go to normal speed.
Check also that all fans are really working.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If hpasm reports the fans as normal, believe it. Keep in mind that the processors available in the G3 timeframe were some of the highest power consumption and highest thermal output that Intel ever made.
T. Vander Auwera
Frequent Advisor

Insert the doc reference number c01214901 in the search field on hp.com. This will lead you to a Customer Notice explaining the FAN control on the DL380G3

HTH,

Tristan
seehigh
Advisor

this issue comes since the beggining or it is only now ?

Try to take the FAN's out, boot the server just 5 secs then Put the fan's back in and boot the server again !!...will clear Fan logs..

Also BIOS update is the best ..