1753516 Members
5361 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL380 G3

ericdude101
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380 G3

Ive installed Server 2008 (Not R2) and it was working fine for a while now, but recently it seems to just freeze for no reasons or signs. all i notice is all six hdd's activity lights are all on solid. so i ran all the system tests on the proliant disc and got no errors. The only thing i can think of it that it could be a driver issue.
4 REPLIES 4
Taifur
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Try to check that issue by reseating RAM and installing PSp (proliant Support Pack) which u can download from HP site and it comes with server HP CD.

HOpe, it will resolve this issue.

Rgds//
Taifur
Eric Hoyt
Occasional Advisor

i cannot for the life of me login to my account i started this thread with, and it will not even let me recover my id or password even though i know my email address and my username/screenname are right there.....

but anyways, I tried installing the PSP thing and it updated some drivers one of which being the storage controller driver and yet about a week or so later maybe even 2, it did it again. i have no idea what could be causing this or when it will do it, and the system doesnt seem to recognize that anything happened out of the usuall other than there was an unpropper shutdown.
Eric Hoyt
Occasional Advisor

Well, it just did it again, and im still clueless. Anyone have any other ideas?
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Eric,
I will suggest to check the following, once when is server working normally and secondly when server freeze
1. Check IML for any error
2. Check the Disk status in Array Configuration Utility
3. Collect Array Diagnostics Utility Report

That should give a clue about the faulty hardware

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">