Did you mean: 

Proliant DL380 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
CraigT_1
Advisor

Proliant DL380 G3

Hi,
Can someone please just clarify the part numbers for a replacement PCI-Express Riser Cage. HP have given me part number 359259-001, but the only part number I can purchase is 411021-001. Will 411021-001 fit a G3 server?

Thanks Guys

Craig
11 REPLIES

Re: Proliant DL380 G3

Hi Craig,

compatible Spare Part Number :
289561-001 : PCI riser cage, with PCI Hot Plug and riser boards
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
CraigT_1
Advisor

Thanks Jawseri,

I was also given that part number, but it doesnt state what it is PCI-X or PCI-E.

However is 411021-001 compatible too?

411021-001 for DL380 G4,

289561-001 is PCI riser cage.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
CraigT_1
Advisor

Im confused.

I understand that it is a PCI riser cage but what interface does it provide? I need to replace the existing PCI rise cage that is PCI-X with a PCI riser cage that is PCI-E

Can you explain please.

Thanks

Craig
CraigT_1
Advisor

Just to clarify I have a PCI Express Device that I need to install into this G3 server. I suspect the G3 riser card is not PCIE compatible, therefore I have to purchase the G4 one?

CraigT_1
Advisor

Sorry me again.

The PCIE device card that I have will not fit into the PCIX slot of another G3 server I have because of a part on the card that stops it being inserted.

I'm still not 100% certain it is the PCI riser card I need, but the 359259-001 card.

Sorry
Juan Cueva
Occasional Visitor

CraigT, did you ever confirm which riser card you needed to get in order to fit a PCI-Express card into the G3 server?
CraigT_1
Advisor

No I didnt. I purchased card 359259-001 which didnt fit into the G3 server. Although luckily I had another G4 server I could use it in.

I don't think you can get a PCIE card for the G3 only a PCIX. Anyone else agree?
Michael J Ruff
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hello Craig

You are correct the DL380 G3 doesnt support PCIE only PCI-X.

Mike
CraigT_1
Advisor

Thanks Mike. Finally got a definate answer. Strange that the partsurfer.hp.com website states the 411021-001 works with a G3 server.
Michael J Ruff
Occasional Contributor

Hello

Yeah it is strange, I have tested here as I have G3 and G4 with PCIe and the G4 PCIe cage will not work in G3's.

Mike